Lets face it ,Galaxy 5 is a dead thing.You are not going to get anymore official support for it .But that doesn’t mean that you can’t have what the others are having . MotaFoca is working on porting Cyanogen Mod 9 to the Galaxy 5 . So far from what I have seen things are going good. As of now its NOT READY for daily use. But if you want to help these folks and speed up the process then go here and download a copy and ahve some fun while you are at it.
Those of you who doesn’t want so sign up and stuff here is the latest build as of(24-2-2012), but they do need a bit of donation to keep the site running so if you have a dollar then do donate it .
ICS – Alpha 3(re-released) http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1EQYKH45/
- USB Mounting
- WiFi Hotspot
- JIT is Disabled (So, the ROM is slightly slow)
- And many more
Installation instructions (ClockworkMod):
- Extract the RAR package and put the zip in your sdcard.
- BackUp your current stable ROM.
- Perform data wipe/factory reset.
- Install the CM9 zip release.
- Wait 5-10 minutes for first boot to complete (odexing).